June 10, 2008

TTA-5 Senses


I am a week behind on TTA. I will try to catch up this week so there might be two TTA's this week.

Last weeks TTA was the first of 5 senses which is sight. My favorite sight is of my sleeping Prince! I love to hold and watch my little man while he is sleeping. I love it when he falls asleep in my arms. I love watching him and wondering how this handsome growing little boy could be mine. He amazes me everyday and when he is sleeping so peacefully in my arms it lets me take a moment to snuggle him and kiss him as he was just my tiny little bug again. He is such a busy little boy that holding him and loving on him is nearly impossible while he is busy at playing. Unless... of course he wants something then we can always bribe him for a moochie here and there! Moochies or loves are what we call kisses and hugs at our house. Hayden does have a lover boy side but that's only when we are settling down at night. He is full of moochies and loves by this time. That might be because he is trying to talk us into letting him sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. He so knows how to get us every time!



My Sleeping Prince... Aren't those lips kissable and cheeks squeezable?!




The other thing about sight that amazes me is my Grandma. My Grandma has been completely blind for over 42 years. She was in a car accident back in 1966 and my Mom was only 3 years old. Since then she has tried to live a normal life as much as possible. Which to us, she is normal. We don't really think of her as being blind. Just after the accident happened she went to a Blind Center where she learned how to live her new life as a blind women. She learned how to read braille and walk with a walking stick. She doesn't read braille anymore though nor does she use a walking stick to get around. She has always had family support to help her along the way so she lost those abilities. She sometimes will get out her cane if she needs to go outside but she doesn't go far. Her favorite thing to do for people is cook. She is the best cook ever!! She also loves to crochet. She whips out a blanket in no time at all. She has the best outlook on life considering her disability. She still to this day jokes around about being blind. She has never let it get the best of her, that's for sure!! The funny stories are endless! I can go on and on about what an amazing person my Grandma is.

My Amazing Mom and Grandma




2 comments:

Jodie Lierd said...

You do such a good job on your blog!! It took me all day to change my background because I lost everything on the side bar!! My kids are much more lovable when they are sleeping too!

Anonymous said...

I love your G MA. I cannot imagine that she just whipped out my blanket in no time. The birthday gift from her this year, is one of my most treasured. She cracks me up and I will never forget the day I met her and found out she was blind. I'm such a fool, you guys really got me that day. Love you all.