February 27, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?!

It seems like we have been so busy lately and I have had so much on my mind that I realized that I haven't spent much time with Hayden and I missed him. Even though that I am with him everyday I guess my mind has just been some where else and I don't feel like I have really even seen him. Last night I was laying on his bed with him and was talking to him. The whole time I was thinking "when did he learn that? and oh my gosh how long has he known that?". It made me sad to think I let the time pass me by so quickly just because I am running here and there and always busy doing something at home or just plain mentally exhausted from work. All of that stuff is so not worth my precious time that I have with my family. It made me realize that I need to slow down and quit sweating the small stuff and just go with the flow of life. That is my new goal for myself!!!

5 comments:

sissyann said...

We all do that! Being a working mother is very difficult! Judging by your pictures he is obviously a very happy little boy. You must be doing something right!

Unknown said...

You and me both lady.

Ashlie said...

That is really good advice. I think we try too much to live to the next thing in life instead of living in the present. I keep thinking that I can't wait until she is born, but I need to enjoy the pregnancy and the time I have getting prepared for her. Thanks for the insightful thoughts.

Luckiest Girl.... said...

Rhonda,
I do that all the time, so don't be to hard on yourself. Our kids grow so fast. I think we all need to slow down and cherish the time that we have with them.

Snell Family said...

I'm always saying how slow the days go by and yet when I look back I can't believe how fast the years go by. I'm with you, I think I need to enjoy each day and realize how lucky I am.