October 2, 2020

Bath Time Blues

Hayden is going through yet another stage... He hates taking a bath. It is a battle every night that Nate and I are getting used too. I try to make it a fun thing by letting him pick a toy out of his to room to play with while bathing and I ask him if he wants to bath by himself or with me. He usually picks none of the above and fights the whole bathing thing. By the time we are done bathing him, and believe me it is a fast one, he is tuckered right out from all of the kicking and screaming. Now he is a very active sweaty dirty little toddler that you just can't do without a full blown bath. A sponge bath does not work for me. We have all the fun bath toys and then some that aren't bath toys. We have bath books. We have bubbles. We bath together. We shower together. None of this seems to be working lately. And I am a firm believer that bathing at night helps you sleep better. All I want is a clean little boy! What's a Mommy to do?!

No comments: