December 15, 2008

Candy Trains


Every year at Christmas time we make candy trains. I guess instead of gingerbread houses or something we make trains. This started before I can remember at my Grandma and Grandpa Dimick's. My Grandpa loves trains so maybe that's why?! My Mom and dad have sorted of carried the tradition on even though we didn't have any little ones in our family they would still invite other family and friends. We were way excited to start this tradition with our boys and we did the very first year. Even though they were only 11 months old we still had fun! This year I was so excited because I just knew that Hayden would have so much fun doing this and he did!!! He was the only one out of his three friends that are around the same age as him that actually sat there the entire time. The others made their trains but the interest wore off pretty fast. Hayden enjoyed licking the frosting filled knife better than the candy! He's just like his mommy! Here are a few pics from the train making fun we had!



This is Hayden's Friend, Loftin

Another Friend of Hayden's, Mason (No, that's not a yucky nose. He ejoyed the frostig too!)

Good ol' Trevor Ratcliffe (Hayden's bud)


The train making process


The finished product


A closer look... How cute is that!!


Hayden and his other bestest bud ever, Grandpa! (I know bestest isn't a real word) I just had to throw this one in!


3 comments:

sissyann said...

What a fun, fun tradition!!!!

Shauntel said...

I love that! J.R. probably would have liked that better than the gingerbread house. He didn't get to help much with it, it was too hard!
I think our dads look alike. It's probably just the gray hair!

Cathy Clark said...

I love the candy train idea! I just might have to steal it for my boys.