September 15, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We spent the last summer holiday weekend at the Uintah’s with family and friends. Gilbert Meadows is beginning to be my favorite place to go camping now. It used to be boating in Delta but I think I have changed my mind! The Unitah’s are cool and so serene. Just so calm and quiet. It is nice to go up there to get out of the summer heat. And it is extra nice to be able to spend time with my Grandpa Gary! This is his favorite place to be so it is a special time for us to spend with him making memories that I hope Hayden will remember. Hayden loved paling around with my Grandpa. He had Hayden helping shovel up some wood shavings from when we had cut fire wood. It wasn’t really necessary but Hayden kept saying he wanted to go to work because my Grandpa had this little short shovel that was just Hayden’s size. It was so cute watching them work together. My Grandpa gets working and he is always humming. Following closely behind was Hayden concentrating and humming too! It was so dang cute! Then Hayden got to help build a fire. Why do little boys love fire? Hayden is fascinated by the fire and wants to always keep throwing logs on. He loves to cook hot dogs and roast marshmallows. Hopefully I’m not raising a little pyromaniac!


We played some baseball with Hayden while enjoying the nice weather!


Oh how romantic! This doesn't happen all that often!



My cute parents!


The guys!
Nate, Jeremiah, Jon, Lorin, and my Dad




This is what mostly happens when we go on long four wheeler rides.


Grandpa Gary with his big helper Hayden.

Shooting shoot guns (as Hayden calls it)

No comments: