January 24, 2011

A Day of Pampering!

This past weekend I spent the day at Cottage Retreat Day Spa in Gardner Village. It was a long awaited trip to the spa that I have needed for so long. It was the most relaxing day I have had in a very long time. I started off my pampering by having a 60 minute facial followed up by a 60 minute massage and a 90 minute pedicure! It was all so great!

Later on that night while I was taking a shower I started to think about the relaxing day I had and then realized about the funny things that had happened to me while I was there.

First thing that I realized was that as I arrived they took me down to the bathroom/change/shower room to get changed into a robe. As the girl left she didn't shut the door and I didn't think anything of it because there is a curtain that you get undressed behind so no big deal. I got all changed and sat on the coch in this little waiting area. While I was sitting there another girl brought down a client and was showing her the bathroom/changing/shower room and then she left the shut the door so she coud get ready for her massage. I thought to myself, "Oh, I guess I should have shut the door. Good thing no one came bursting through the curtain while I was changing!".

Then on to my facial I went! The girl that was doing my facial was super nice and was doing a great job. As I was totally relaxed and enjoying my facial I thought I heard water dripping/spuing all over the tile floor and then I felt hot water on my legs. She stopped foing my facial and said that the steamer is not working right so she is just going to turn it off. I don't think she realized that I was all wet from this HOT water on my legs. But the facial went on and I did enjoy it! No big deal!

Next, I was having a 60 minute massage and oddly enough that hour went smoothly. Very relaxing! Oh, all except when I went ti turn over from my stomach to my back I flung my arm around I think I hit the poor massage guy in the "you know what area"! OOOOPPPPSS!! So I was a little embarrassed about that for a moment!

After I was all done with my massage the guy told me to go ahead and change back into my clothes for my pedicure so I thought this time I better shut the actual door. As I went in and shut the door I was just getting ready to change when I heard a knock at the door. So I went over and said that I was in there and a girl that worked there opened up the door and said she needed to get the shower ready really quick. So I said OK and she came in and waited for her. She left the bathroom area and shut the door. So I went behind the curtain and started changing and back in to she came with her client and she started to shower. What the heck!! A little uncomfortable so I hurried up and got the heck out of there!

Off to have my 90 pedicure! A cute young girl came to get me to take me to the nice new pedicure area. The room has one long bench of 5 pedicure tubs and one lonely one off in the corner that is on front of the other 5 tubs. The long bench was full of women and so I was brought in front of them to lonely tub. It was fine because those ladies wee almost all finished up so I wouldn't be on parade for long. As I sit down and put my feet in the bubbly water the cute girl says she is going to drain a little but of the water because it is so soapy. As she is doing that she had left the jets on and soapy water started spraying all over me. I of course let out a little scream because it startled me. So I am sure it was quite a little show for all of the other women in there. No big deal. We move on!

WE are just about finished u and my toes are being painted. As she is painting she keeps sniffing and sniffing and sniffing some more. She finally looked up at me because we were talking and she had a drop of snot hanging off the tip of her nose. I felt so bad for her! But I was hoping at the same time that it wasn't going to be dropping on my toes either. Thank goodness it never did and we were done!!! She left me sitting there for a little while for my toes to dry and while I was waiting I thought I thought I would look at the polishes they had to buy. I went to pick one of the polishes out of the plastic holder it was in and the entire holder came apart and polishes went flying everywhere. Luckily none of them broke but I did let out yet another scream. Not one person came around the corner to see if everything was OK. So, I started to pick up the polishes and tried putting them back in the holder. I couldn't get them in there. It was the wrong holder for that brand of polishes. No wonder it all fell apart!!

WOW!! So that was my adventure at the day spa! It was suppose to be relaxing and when I left there I felt as though it had been but boy what a day I had!!

No comments: