January 20, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday To Our Bubba!

On December 30th, Our favorite little man Hayden, turned 5 years old! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. He has been the joy of our lives for the past 5 years and still continues to amaze us! He keeps us on our toes, that's for sure!! He is the light of our lives!


Dear Hayden,

Happy 5th Birthday! We are so proud of what a handsome most loving little man you are becoming. I wanted to share with you our amazing story of how your little life began. I started typing this story just after you were born but never finished it completely. I had big plans for your so called "baby book" and I wanted this story to be a part of it. Since you are now 5 years old and there is yet to be an actual baby book I have decided that this little family blog that I have created is going to take place of it. I only wished I had started it a lot sooner. But that's OK, this is the perfect time to share our story about our little miracle.


Everyone kept telling us that our lives would completely change as soon as you arrived but for us it was a little sooner. On September 30th, 2005, I went in for an ultrasound to make sure what I was feeling was you inside my belly. And of course you were there and growing to be a healthy baby boy however they noticed a problem with me. I was rushed over to labor and delivery where they took a closer look at things. It turned out that I have what they call an incompetent cervix. I was only 24 weeks along at the time and you were only about 1 pound. Daddy was just leaving to go on a hunting trip and I just caught him at home in time to tell him what was happening.

As soon as he arrived to the hospital I was rushed into surgery to have a stitch put in my cervix to keep you in my belly for as long as I could. The doctors and nurses kept telling me how lucky I was I had come in that day because if not I would have had you within two days and most likely you would not have survived. This was a really scary thing for us as you can imagine. I was put on strict bed rest. So strict that I actually had to live at the hospital for 2 months. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

After 8 weeks of laying in a hospital bed, my doctor decided to release me just before Thanksgiving. I was so relieved to be able to spend the holidays at home. Under doctors orders I was told to come back to the hospital 3 times per week for monitoring. I was still on very strict bed rest at home. I was thankful for being at home but at times was real tough because I obeyed my Doctors orders and I truly stayed in bed the entire 4 weeks left remaining until you arrived.


The first week back to the hospital for monitoring and to see the doctor, she advised that I stay in the hospital for two more weeks so that I was at least 35 weeks along. I refused. It was the hardest decision that I ever had to make. I just couldn't understand the point of me staying in the hospital bed when I could be at home in my own bed were I was more comfortable with less stress. I literally could not take anymore mentally.

I made it to 35 weeks and then finally I requested the doctor schedule when she would cut the stitch so that you would be born. We had to wait until I was 37 weeks so she scheduled it for Dec. 29th. I remember this day as if it were yesterday! Grandma and I went in on the 29th at 7 am. The doc came in at 11:00 and cut the stitch. I immediately was dilated to a 3. A few hours went by and the doc came to check me and I was a 5. She told me that I would not leave the hospital without a baby!!! She came back that night at 8 pm to break my water and I got an epidural at that time. I really didn’t think I needed it but I was taking potocin so they said I would need it later. It was a very long night. The last time I could remember looking at the clock it was 2 am, December 30th. Then it seemed as though that things were happening so quickly. I started having stronger contractions (so the machine said) and it was time for your arrival! It didn't take much time or many pushes for Mommy and you were here!! Our most perfect little prince! Ten Fingers and Ten Toes! And mounds of dark black hair! And not just on the top of your head. You were a hairy little critter with dark hair all over!! And you still are!

I was told that I would be lucky to make it through the first 24 hours after the stitch was placed and it would take a miracle for me to make it full term (36 weeks). That just sums it up for us as to why we call you our "Little Miracle". It couldn't be more true.
There are so many more little details and ups and downs that I could tell you about about our journey together before you arrived but we did it! You and I! In the back of my mind I always had a feeling that things would be just fine. I knew that you were meant to be here with us and for you to be a part of our Family.

As I was gathering information and things to start your baby book I would send myself emails of all your firsts so that I would remember. Thought that would be better than writing it down on random pieces of paper and then maybe losing them here and there. Well, emailing wasn't such a great idea either. Our email account was cleared out. There was no way for me to locate all of my emails. We lost everything I had saved. I felt horrible. I do have a little bit of info below. A little time line perhaps but it's not much-

Dec 30th you were born 5:09 am 6lbs. 1.7 oz 18 in long
Jan 6th Landen was born
Jan 13th 2 week check up - sorry, no details
Jan 28th First giggle while sleeping
Feb 4th first sleepover at Grandma Wendy's
Feb 21st 2 month check up. 11 lbs 1 oz 23 in long.
March 26th Hayden’s first haircut

Even though I may not have all the little details of your very firsts through the years we still enjoyed every minute sharing them with you. You amazed us then as you do now at the big age of 5 years old. We can't imagine life without you. We Love You Bubba!!


Here we are! Our first family photo as a family of 3! Pardon the way I look. We are just leaving the hospital and it had been a long road for me!!


The only picture taken of me while I was pregnant. This was on Thanksgiving Day just days after I was released from the hospital. I was 33 weeks along.



Look how tiny you where! Mommy and Daddy didn't have anything ready for you when you came home from the hospital. Not even an outfit! We were so thankful that Grandma Wendy came to the hospital with a sack full of new little outfits and this was one of them. It was your Daddy's favorite outfit and we still have it!





8 Months Old

10 Months Old

10 Months Old



Your 1st Christmas



Your 1st Birthday


2 1/2 Years Old


3 1/2 Years Old

4 years Old (almost)


And the big 5!! (almost)
Look at those eyes!!




*Hayden's Favorites*

Hayden's favorite color is BLUE.

Hayden's favorite foods- Macaroni and Cheese with peas and Pizza

Hayden's favorite snacks- frosting, frosting, and more frosting oh and Cookie Dough. Just like his Mama!!

Hayden's Best Friends-Landen, Trevor, and Kayson

Hayden's Favorite Things To Do-camping, riding his four wheeler, playing video games (He LOVES Mario on the Wii and his DSI)

Hayden's Favorite Movie-Transformers

Hayden's Favorite TV Shows-Phineas and Ferb and Scooby Doo

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

Wow! You are going to have a problem with all those girls that are going to be chasing him!! He is soooo handsom! This was such a great post and I am sure one day he will really appreciate that you wrote it down for him. Isn't it crazy how we would be willing to do anything to make sure our kids are okay....even if that means being in bed for months and months! I remember when I came over to see him the first time and all I could see was all of that hair and those beautiful eyes!! We need to have a play date soon!

Tiffany said...

GREAT post!! He is SO stinkin adorable!!