March 19, 2008

Missing Out

Nate called me this morning to ask me if I knew that Hayden can count all the way up to 9. I couldn't believe it! We do count together and he will repeat me and he knows some of the numbers that will come next sometimes but never has he done it on his own. Geeze, I hate that I am missing out on things like this. It makes me sad but happy too! There is so much that Nate and I miss out on everyday because we work. I leave for work before Hayden wakes up and Nate takes him to my nephews Grandma's house(Kathy) until I get home to pick him up. I want to wake him up but that creates chaos for Nate after I leave because Hayden misses me. So since I don't get to see him in the mornings Hayden will call me at work. Nate makes him giggle and I love to hear that. It just starts my day off right! I have to say that is my favorite part of the day, at least until I get off work and I pick Hayden up. There is nothing better than when I see Hayden after work and he yells Mommy and runs over to me and gives me a tight one (that's a hug in Hayden terms)!!!! He is so excited to see me!
Hayden is just getting so big and he is a smart little whip! I'm sad to see him get so big but yet it makes me happy and proud! Ah, the joys of being a parent!

No comments: