March 20, 2008

?An UnBirthday Birthday?

I went shopping today for a birthday gift for our little Friend Trevor whose birthday party is this weekend. There is so much fun summer stuff that would be fun to play outside with. It makes me feel bad for our Hayden bug. His birthday is December 30th. Way too close to Christmas!! I hate it! I thought from day one that he will have a 1/2 year birthday party for his little friends and then on his real birthday we would have another celebration but maybe with just family and close friends. I was thinking like at 1/2 year on June 30th. I have yet to set an official date of his unbirthday birthday because I am unsure if I should do this. I feel like he is missing out on all the fun summer things we could do for birthdays and I feel like he is getting ripped off yet I don't want people thinking what the he** is she doing this for. Maybe I worry about to much what other people think. Nate says I do so maybe it's true. I just can't help myself from asking. What do you think? Is the unbirthday birthday thing a not so great idea?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have set up a poll...hehe. I'm all for the un-birthday. It is another good reason to eat cake, and celebrate my other son, Hayden. I'm placing an RSVP for Trevor right now.

Ashlie said...

I always had the same feeling because my birthday is in January. My birthday parties always seemed so lame. I would have a summer birthday for him regardless. Maybe not every year, but go for it. He will love it!

Jennie said...

Hmmm...I think that you should do it. Maybe not expect everyone to bring presents, but do a big thing just to celebrate him.

Leah said...

It's your world girl! You live in it any way you see fit. I think Hayden has an awesome Mom just for thinking up such a cool idea! Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

This idea sounds AWESOME!! It's true, what IS there to do in the winter for the little ones?!