March 12, 2008

Our Little Miracle

I got an email from my Mom today called 99 Balloons. Not sure if you have seen this yet or not but I had to post this along with the website below for you to see. It is about a little baby boy named Eliot. It is like a documentary written by his Father. I don't want to tell you much because it's a better story coming from Eliot's Father. Here is the link. You may have to copy and paste this into your browser as I am still learning the tricks of this blog thing.

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

From the moment that I clicked on the play button I had instant tears. As most of you know Nate and I went through the last three months of my pregnancy trying to keep Hayden in my belly. Without getting in to all of those details because you have all heard it before(except for Jennie), the bottom line is that I can kind of relate to this little movie clip that my mom forwarded to me. Not that we dealt with the same issues but in a sense we did. I'm sure anyone who has kids can relate to this as it is a very heart wrenching story. At 24 weeks and in full labor the docs were preparing us for Hayden to be born and the challenges we would all face. They kept telling us we will be lucky if we make it for 24 hours and Hayden is still in my belly. We made it the 24 hours and then it was we will be lucky if we make it a week. Another week went by. Each week or day for that fact was a huge milestone and the NICU Docs prepared us each step of the way. Long story short, we made it! By following the Docs VERY strict orders closely, Hayden came into this world full term at 37 weeks. During the 3 month roller coaster we were told that it would take a miracle for me to make it to full term. That is why I call our little Hayden Bug our little miracle.

Anyway, I can't imagine going through what little Eliot's parents went through and I am so thankful that Hayden is a perfect healthy little boy! It makes me really stop and think how lucky we really are.

No comments: