September 26, 2008

Happy Happy

Happy Birthday to me! Friday September 26th I turned 29. The last year of being twenty something! I can't believe it, it still seems as though I am 22 or so but 29!! I remember thinking how old 22 was when I was younger and I am way past that now. Anyway, I had the best birthday ever today. Lots of great surprises!

The first great surprise is when Jen (my best friend) came to work (yes, we work right next to each other now!!!, yay for me!!!) and she gave me the best birthday gift ever... The new IPOD Nano.



I am little behind the times I guess and just have an MP3 player but recently have been mentioning that I should really get one of those IPOD's only after Jen shows me the new cute colors they have. Jen always gets me wanting the newest latest and greatest things! She keeps up on all of that sort of thing. Now what kind of friend gives this sort of expensive gift?! Only the bestest friend anyone could ask for! She truly is the most giving heart felt person I have ever known and I am so thankful that her and her family are in our lives.

Anywho, after that my day got even better when my Mom and Hayden came to my work and surprised me with bundt cakes from my new favorite place, Nothing Bundt Cakes", with some balloons. I was so surprised to see them! They came to take me to lunch too! So all four of us went to CPK. I have been lovin that place lately too! It's all about the Tai Crunch Salad. While we were headed back to work I kept asking Jen, "do we really have to go back to work?" She just laughed. But when we got back to work my boss told me to take the rest of the day off! Wow, did he read my mind or what!! Have I ever mentioned how great it is to work for Sundance?!!

I went to my Mom's and hung out with her until it was time to go to dinner. I know, we eat alot!! We had plans to go to Red Lobster!! MMM, I love their cheddar bay biscuits! We went with Jenna, Landen, Jen, Trevor, Jen's Mom Claudine, Jen's sister in law Janet and Loftin. Where are our husbands you ask? Hunting!!! Glad this season is over with!! Anyway, we had a great dinner with everyone even without the husbands!

Thanks everyone for making this a very special day to remember!

Here are a few pics from the BIG 29 day!


The Big Surprise from Hayden & my Mom


Hayden, Me, & my Mom at Red Lobster


Jen & Trevor



Mom, Landen, & Jenna



Janet & Loftin


Landen is lovon' the shrimp pasta!Me & my Mom! Isn't she B-eautiful!!

Grandpa & the boys making home made ice cream for me!

Landen and Hayden waiting to blow out the candles for me! (Notice the candles say I am 28 again?! That's all we had and I'm ok with being 28 again!) Look at Hayden's face! He just waiting to blow those suckers out before Landen gets to. We had to relight the candles several times because Hayden would always blow them out before Landen had a chance. Landen doesn't quite get how to blow so he spits alot. So we sort of had a Landen signature cake with slobber and all! That's ok, I wouldn't want to have it any other way.


Here are a few videos of Hayden wishing me a Happy Birthday! He is such a funny boy!! In the second video he is singing Happy Birthday but yet mixing it up a bit by throwing in a bits from our song that we sing together. It's the song from that show Barney. Do you remember him? Anyway, I have sung that to him since he was born and it's just the perfect song for us! I try to get Nate to learn the words and he only knows bits a pieces too, it's kind of funny to listen when we sing it together before bed each night! Anyway, Enjoy!





5 comments:

Chantelle said...

H.B.D. a bit late! Of course I know who you are... Pete talks about ya'll! Feel free to blogstalk anytime, as I have already blogstalked you! Your little boy is adorable and it sounds like he's a ton of fun. Have a super fabulous day!
Chantelle

Anonymous said...

OMG... HAYDEN IS SO CUTE. you need to add more of these videos. That was so fun to watch. Those boys are getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Don't be getting all crazy, this bday gift was for the next 4 years! hehe just kidding. Glad you like your present. I LOVE the videos of Hayden, kissing his knee. What a sweet little guy you have there. Oh and yes...your mom is Beautiful and I must say that Dad of your is quite the handsome fella too. ooh la la they make a cute couple after all those 30 years together!

Jodie Lierd said...

Happy Belated B-day! I meant to email you but as usual my life was crazy and I didn't get around to it. Sounds like you had a good day. Hayden is so dang cute!

April said...

Is this Rhonda!? I saw you on Melissa's blog. Your family is so cute and you look great! - April