September 12, 2008

In Stitches...

This story is kind of long but I have to tell you what has happened this week with our boys. They have been going the rounds this week at Kathy's (like they usually do). They sometimes don't get along the greatest and that might be because they are together everyday or it might be because Hayden is a little stinker! We have witnessed things that happen and most of the time it is because Hayden is a stinker! But now Landen is fighting back so it is an all out war sometimes! The first part of the week Hayden came home with a huge bite mark on his arm and blood on his shirt. That's all Hayden could talk about when I picked him up. It's like he wanted me to feel bad for him and be mad at Landen for biting him. But I can never do that because most of the time Landen is just defending himself. But this time around what happened was actually an accident. But what led up to the big bite was Landen somehow getting a fat bloody lip. Kathy, says it was an accident so I am hoping so!



Two days later, I get a call from my Brother asking where he can take Landen because he might need stitches on his lip. My first reaction was "did this have something to so with Hayden?". But thank goodness it didn't and it was yet another accident with another child and a swing. Landen walked in front of a little girl swinging at Kathy's house and it hit him right in the mouth. Kathy could not get it to stop bleeding so she called Shaun to come and get him to take him to the Doc. He just took him to the Magna Urgent Care because if he really needed stitches they are able to do them there. However, the Doc said that it is too deep of a cut so He will need to see a Plastic Surgeon. Shaun takes him to Pioneer Valley (Death Valley) to the emergency for the Plastic Surgeon. He really had no choice but to take him there because Shaun didn't have a car seat in his truck!!! What a nightmare!! He drove Landen in the back seat buckled in like a big boy! I would have been a wreck with this whole situation but my brother acted very calm.



I'm sure you are wondering where Jenna is?! She is stuck at work! Shaun is sure a good Dad! He just takes charge and can handle just about anything. Unlike Nate, I think he would have had a nervous break down!



Anyway, The Plastic Surgeon seen Landen and said he doesn't need any type of surgery because the cut wasn't as deep as they thought. Thank Goodness!!! He did however still have to have 2 stitches in his tiny little lip. I'm so glad that that's all he needed!



Needless to say, My Mom stopped on the way over to see Landen and bought a new car seat for Shaun. You just never know and you should always have one. We also went over to see Landen when he got home and took him a get well gift. His lip wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but it was swollen still and it didn't seem to be hurting him. It only was a few minutes and Landen and Hayden were up running around and screaming like they always do! Those little guys sure bounce back fast!


A Close Up of Chocolate Stitches. (This was taken after we gave him his M&M's)

Just a cute one of Landeen!

2 comments:

VVES PE said...

Poor little dude! I'm glad it turned out ok. I probably would have been a complete wreck!

Anonymous said...

Poor Landeen. I am sad I couldn't kiss him better. I am sure this will not be a first.!