October 6, 2009

Week 12!

I made it!! I am now entering the second trimester of our journey! And boy, I couldn't be more excited! I am actually 13.4 weeks along now. I am a little behind on the blogging.

I am hoping I start feeling a little bit better in the months to come. It has been a little bit rougher this time around than last. So it seems anyway! One thing I do know for sure that is different this time around is the things that I think sound good. Since I have not been feeling very good, I of course have been eating whatever is on my mind at the moment. Which is not going to help me in the long run but I have got to eat something, right!! I am now on the healthier eating train! The #1 thing that I have been wanting is smoothies! Preferably from Jamba! I will take a Costco one too though. I even went as far as trying one from Target’s little snack bar. It wasn’t the greatest but it suited me just fine for the time. Fruity sweet things sound so good to me. Every night we have ice cream together and it’s usually Sherbet ice cream! I just love it! Chocolate just does not sound good which is totally strange for me. The first time around, I never had any of these funny things go on. So this is very different that’s for sure.

Today was surgery day, Oct 6th. Something I have been waiting and waiting for. Not that I am excited but to have the reassurance that I can keep this baby safe in my tummy for the time of 36 weeks. Yesterday I had a pre op appt. with my Doc and we got to see the baby again to make sure everything is ok before they close up my cervix. (This might be a little too much information for some but I don’t know how else to say it. Anything to do with these womanly things might be a little much but that’s just how it goes!)

I was quite nervous for this procedure but my doc has been so reassuring that it has made us feel more at ease. So far I think I have made a great choice for whom I have picked to care for me and our unborn miracle.

We arrived at the hospital today and was just sent home. No surgery for me. I have had this cold/cough/fever for almost a week now and apparently they don't like to give anesthetics when you are under the weather. I am worried sick now because of yet another week of the waiting game. I just want to have this dang thing over with while things still look good. In the meantime, I feel like I need to get ahead of the game and start bed rest. So stupid! I am just a nervous wreck I guess. Ok, so I won't exactly be doing bed rest but I already have it in my mind that I am now on light duty and sitting with my feet up as much as possible. Just until I get this stitch in anyway.

I will keep you informed with our progress after the surgery. Wish us luck! I need to get rid of this dang cough In the meantime, here is a picture of my appearance these days. Wow, I have just blossomed right out there! But it’s already been confirmed, there is only one little miracle in there! I haven’t started wearing maternity clothes yet because it seems too early but I know I will need to soon! Very soon!!!




4 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Rhonda! You look adorable! I bet you are a beautiful prego lady!! Take it easy and let us know how the surgery goes!

Anonymous said...

Im so excited for you! I had the fruit cravings with Reyna too...maybe you'll get your little girl! I will keep my fingers crossed for ya, Love ya!

The Jeffries said...

What a darling picture of your baby bump! I miss seeing it in the morning so thanks for the post. Love ya Lots!

sissyann said...

You look adorable!! I never had the cute little tummy. I was as round as a beach ball!!