December 7, 2010

Mommy Son Date Night


Hayden and I went on a date!! Hayden had several choices on what we could go do and he chose to go see Tangled and get ice cream. This picture was taken just before we left on our outing after a very long day of playing and playing with his friends (No NAP!!) so he doesn't look very thrilled. He was so quiet the entire time we were gone. I thought for a moment that maybe he didn't feel very good but he said he felt fine.

Tangled was the cutest movie ever! We both loved it! I thought for sure Hayden would want to fall asleep considering he had such a rough day at play but he never did. He sat there wide eyed with his bucket of popcorn the entire movie.

After the movie we headed to Baskin Robins for some ice cream. Of course I am looking at all the ice cream thinking of what I would be getting if I were to get one. Mommy is on a diet so no good treats for me! Anyway, out of all the choices Hayden chooses plain vanilla. What?? Who does that? I guess my little man!!!

On our way home, Hayden couldn't wait to tell his Daddy how much fun we had together and was he already planning a Father Son date for the next night. It is a goal of mine to make sure we spend one on one time with Hayden once or twice a month. It seems as though since Brynlee joined our family he has been a little attention starved. So he acts like it anyway. He is used to having our full attention at all times and now he has to share that and I think he has been having a hard time accepting it. Going on our little "dates" is a great way to make Hayden realize that he is still our little Bubba and always will be!!

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

You are the cutest mommy ever! I can't wait to have dates with my little babies.