December 7, 2010

My Childhood Best Friend


Look at this cute girl! Her name is Melissa. I will never forget the day that I met her. It was the first day of kindergarten at Lake Ridge Elementary School the year was 1985 (sounds old huh!).
When my Mom took me into my classroom we saw Melissa sitting at a table all by herself putting a puzzle together. I still remember what she was wearing!! A red dress with her long dark hair in braids. My Mom walked me over to where she was sitting and asked her if I could sit by her and do the puzzle. (I was super super shy!) From that day forward she was my best friend all the way through elementary school until we got separated when we went to Jr. High. That was a sad day!! We both often wonder how our lives would have been different had we not been split up. But I guess everything happens for a reason.

I recently came back into contact with Melissa just by chance of running into her. I was so happy to see her that we since went out together a few times and I got to go over to her parents house where she grew up. Wow! What a blast from the past! I still even remember her home phone number which by the way has not changed! Other things have of course changed but I can remember everything as though it were yesterday!

It has been so nice getting to know Melissa again! It's strange how people come and go in and out of your life for some reason or another. I have to say though that I am happy this she is back and hopefully doesn't go anywhere very soon!

No comments: