July 15, 2009

Hayden's Very First Lagoon Trip!


We finally decided to take Hayden to Lagoon. I wanted to last year but was thinking he might be to little and too scared to ride the rides. I am glad that I waited!
My cousin Heather and her four kids came up from Mesquite for a week so we decided that Lagoon would be fun. We went twice! That was a bit much for us but her kids love it!

On the first day we went Hayden had a great time! He wasn't too afraid to get on anything until towards the end of the night. I think he might of have been tired though. I think his favorite ride was the airplanes and helicopters. His least favorite was Puff the Dragon. He didn't cry but when the ride was over he said, "Mommy, I don't like this ride." And that was it! He was such a good sport! He freaked out a little bit on the rides where he got wet too. He doesn't like to be wet.

Landen was a different story! He didn't so much like the rides. It was hilarious though because he would stand in line with us and he knew we were going on the ride but once we actually got on the ride he started crying ans saying he didn't want to go on this ride. He just buried his face and went along with it and once it stopped he was fine. I think he doesn't like the tickle belly feeling. I don't like that either so I knew how he felt. But the mean Aunt that I am I still made him go on the rides. Towards the end I was all by myself with both boys and we went on this small tidal wave type ride for kids and they were both crying and everyone was looking at me like I was a terrible Mom! I think that was the last ride of the night for us. I felt so bad!

On our bounce back day Hayden and Landen switched roles. Hayden would not go on anything and Landen wanted to go on a few mellow rides over and over. I could barely get Hayden to go on the Carousel. I think I ruined it for him though because the very first ride we went on was Rattlesnake Rapids. That scared Hayden to death. Not to mention we got super wet. He screamed the entire time!! That was it for him!! Gosh, maybe I am a mean Mom!
Oh well, I guess it was a great experience and when it comes down to it the boys did have a good time! I think we will attempt it again.... next year!!

This pic is hilarious. They are both crying for different reasons. Landen was scared to death and wanted the bar they are hanging on close to him and Hayden was pissed because he wanted the helicopter to go up and down and you have t move the bar to do so. They were both just freaking out! And I guess the mean Aunt/Mom that I am I just laughed watching them!

This is the ride that got Hayden all wet and he wasn't too happy about it!

Boy, he sure thinks he is the coolest kid ever. (He acts just like his Dad!)

Grandma and Hayden

I think this was Hayden's favorite part of the day! His favorites... slurpee and a churo (he calls them burritos!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right in our Hood should of drove on over!!! Mike Sr. asked about your blog I have to give him my Password he was excited to see you having one!!! Well your son is as cute as EVER!! enjoy that growing up BOY stage