July 8, 2009

The Swine Flu?!?!?!?!

I got a very disturbing phone call last night from Kathy (Hayden's babysitter). She called to tell me that Braxton (another little boy that she tends) has the swine flu. AAAWWWW Geeze!!! Hayden is not showing any symptoms but I decided to call his pediatrician just in case. They recommended that he take Tamiflu to help prevent him from getting the swine. I gave him his first dose and he could not even get it down. He was gagging and acting like he was going to throw up. Perfect... just 9 more doses to go!!! Well, at least we are going to try and prevent him from actually getting the swine-o!!

Boy, I thought for awhile we could all be healthy. After what I have been through since March we could really use a break from doctors and hospitals. I haven't told you all about this yet but I have had some what they say is acid reflux. But for some reason none of the medications are helping me. So I have been for tons of t ests and the emergency room. They have tested me for H-Pylori(Infection of the intestines) and Crones Disease. Well, after all of these dang tests come to find out I only have an ulcer in my small intestine. I have been in so much pain (hence the emergency room visit). But hopefully we have it all under control now. I bet our insurance company just loves us!!!! Thanks goodness we have insurance!!

2 comments:

Jodie Lierd said...

Oh how scary! I would freak out too. Just one more week until I find out what the baby is. I am 20 weeks now... just 18 more to go!! (They are going to schedule the delivery at 38 weeks instead of letting me go to 40). Hope everything is good at your house!

Sovic Clan said...

Girl! That is why we text!! I know I need to break you in more!! Take care of your hot self!