July 30, 2008

24th of July Weekend

This is a little late but I have alot of catching up to do on blogging!



Over the holiday weekend my Mom and I had 4 days off of work. We had made plans everyday except for Sunday. Thursday we went swimming at the Kearns pool. That was the actual 24th of July and boy was it busy. More people than I had thought had the day off and I think they were all at the pool! We haven't been to the pool since last summer so I don't think Hayden remembered it but this year I am sure he will because he loved the big bucket that tips over and the water comes crashing down on everyone. He liked it from a far not actually being dumped on. He doesn't like when water gets in his eyes so I didn't even attempt going over there. He just played and played in the water and loved that he could just do what he wanted. We only stayed for a few hours just long enough to get worn out from the heat. Speaking of heat, I have to tell you about what happened while we were there. We had this nice grassy spot next to a picnic table. In front of us there was someone elses stuff set out including a beach umbrella, chairs, and a baby car seat. I never seen the people as they set up shop after we had already gone to play in the water. Once we got back though a women that was near was having a fit because she had been sitting there ever since those people with the umbrella left to go swimming and they decided to leave their baby's car seat there under the umbrella with their 2 month old little girl in it. Can you believe that?! I almost wanted to start crying thinking what in the heck are these people doing and couldn't help from thinking she is neglected all the time and it just killed me. The women had called a life guard after sitting there for over 20 minutes watching this baby sitting in her seat waiting for the parents to come back. The life guard called security and they waited another 10 minutes or so until someone from their group came and asked the officers if there was a problem. What the??? The officers talked to her for a minute and then left. That was it! As far as I am concerned there should have been no questions asked. They should have been hauled off to jail or something. What will they do next time leave her in the hot car while they run into the store for an hour? What a joke!!!! So, the entire time we were there they never got her out of her car seat. She was still so tiny and she slept the entire time. But how hot and uncomfortable for her. And what if someone came by and swiped her up kidnapping her?! Ah geeze, it just makes me sick. Anyway, I didn't get many pics but I was sure to get one of this ridiculous family. Maybe one of you know them and you can tell them how stupid they are

They look like such normal people! I sure hope their baby girl is being taken care of!


I had to throw this one in of Landen. He was a tired boy while we were swimming so we just left him lying on a towel while we finished swimming. What? Every one else seems to be doing it so it must be ok, right? No not really, we would never ever do that!



The next day, we took the boys to see Space Chimps. It was an alright movie. I didn't think it was that great. It did have me laughing a few times though. I guess it was ok. Just not something I will have to buy when it comes out on DVD.



After the movie we went home and made cookies. Chocolate Peanut Butter. My Friends have made them and they are simply yummy. They gave us the recipe and of course they didn't turn out like theirs. But they were still good. I will post the recipe on the Recipe Box Blog.


Don't they look yummy!!


Saturday came and we went boating for the day to Delta, our favorite spot! It was just my Family so I decided to try wake boarding. I couldn't get up on that thing for the life of me. My Brother makes it look so easy as he is jumping the wake clear across to the other one and I can;t even get up on the thing. My Brother says I am giving up to easy. Whatever! It was killing me! The next day I was so sore. I am so not coordinated. Anyway, I didn't get many pics of boating since we were busy playing the entire day! But here in one special one that I did take...



Bompa and his two favorite boys!




Sunday was a day of rest! Much much needed rest!!


So there you have it, that is how we spent the holiday weekend. It was sure nice to have 4 days off of work and not going out of town some where. I can't wait for some more time off to just hang out around home.

2 comments:

VVES PE said...

It looks like you guys had a busy weekend but a fun one.
I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog :P http://thewaynejensenfamily.blogspot.com/ Now I just need to make sure I keep it updated!

Leah said...

I wish I did know those stupid people so I could tell them they suck! Sounds like you had tons of fun! Hard to beleive it is already August - not much time left for sun & fun! I better do something fun this weekend! :)) I absolutely LOVE your new background!!!