August 27, 2008

Thankful!


We are so thankful for my Brother's Mother in law, Kathy. She is the one that Hayden spends alot of his time with everyday while we are at work. She has a daycare in her house and Hayden has been going to her house since he was just over 1. Nate and I have really lucked out with this babysitting issue that has had me worried and stressed many times. Really though, I don't know why I should have stressed because I would have just have had to quit my job. There isn't even a question about it. Anyway, I just wanted Kathy to know how lucky we are to have Hayden be with her everyday. And a bonus package is that he gets to be with Landen everyday too! Another bonus is that Kathy and Bompa John (my Brothers Father in law) treats Hayden as if he were their own grandchild. I couldn't ask for anything better for Hayden. Kathy doesn't have alot of kids and sometimes it's just Hayden and Landen. He gets alot of attention (lord knows he has to be center of that) but she also does fun things with them. It's like a preschool. They do fun projects and make things. He has learned so much by being with Kathy and the best part of it all we don't need to worry about him at all. In the year and half that he has been going there I have only received one phone call from Kathy during the day to let me know that Hayden wasn't feeling well. Hayden has been sick before plenty of times but she just knows how to handle it and that makes me feel good knowing that my son is in good hands. Hopefully she is still babysitting when and if we have another baby!

Thanks Kathy!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I can't imagine how scary it is to leave your child in someone else's care. You are really lucky to have such an awesome family and support network!

The flex scheduling is awesome! With the state starting to make the change, hopefully lots of employers will get on the bandwagon. Maybe if all of you band together, you can strongarm them. We are doing a 90 day pilot program to see how productivity is impacted. Try the same logic with your company! Who knows - it could work. :))

Jackie said...

Hey Rhonda, I just wanted to say hello! I saw your name on Shauntel's blog space and thought I would take a look at your blog. Aren't they the funnest? It is such a great way to stay caught up with people and see what is happening in their lives. Your little guy is adorable. I bet your mom and dad love the grandchildren. I know I love my two. Tell them both hello from Scott and me.

Jackie Dimick

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, that is so sweet of you. Kathy is a great babysitter/grandma for Hayden. I know Trevor loves going there on Fridays playing with his friends. She is the best.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, this is an awesome and heartfelt post. I love being able to read what the boys have been up too. I love them both soooo much... The pics of them with owies, I want to reach out and hug them all better.