April 1, 2008

Busy Weekend

It was a great weekend! Busy but great!! My cousin Krystal got married to her hunk o rama cowboylicous man on Friday. He is a little cutie!! You did good Krystal!! Because of the wedding we had some family come to Salt Lake from Mesquite. Just all of the girls came so I have been warning Nate for over a month that this weekend was mine!! We all went to the wedding on Friday and had dinner at Nate's uncles restaurant. It's in Grantsville and it's called Casa Del Ray. If you haven't ever been there and you are out that way you have to stop in and try it. You have to try the Cochinita Pibil. It is my fav!! Oh and I can't forget the yummy fried ice cream that he brings out to us every time we go there! Yummy!!!
Saturday we headed up to Park City to do some shopping! Though I didn't find much to buy(which is probably a good thing as I am always shopping) I still had a great time. Time just flies when your shopping!
We then had a nieces party at my great aunt Sherry's house. I haven't told you about these yet as we haven't had one since I started this blog. Well, my Aunt Sherry doesn't have any kids of her own so she has always been real close with her nieces. So every few months she has been inviting us over for a nieces party. I haven't seen alot of these girls for years so it has been fun to get to know them again and hang out. The party has always been geared around eating a gourmet meal that my uncle Glen cooks, laughing, and talking about the good ol' times that the older girls used to have with Great Grandma and Grandpa Aagard. I don't have a whole lot of memories since they both past away when I was young. I do remember one real good thing though. Whenever we would be leaving his house after visiting he would always cut me a rose off one of his rose bushes. What a sweet man he was! Anyway, so my family from mesquite has never been able to attend one of these parties so it was extra special this time. We played a fun pictionary type game where we had to draw a memory we had of Grandma and Grandpa Aagard. It was very informative! My Grandma was a fortune teller. Now that was interesting to hear about!!
Well, after a busy Saturday I went home and crashed! Sunday morning though we woke up and went straight to my parents still in my pj's. We made breakfast and I hung out there all day until the Mesquitans left for home. I didn't even get dressed the entire day. It was a much needed lazy day after a fun busy weekend!!

The Nieces...(this is not everyone)
Mom and her two Sisters
My 2nd cousins Sonya & Tiffani
Tiffani & My Great Aunt Sherry

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I'm sorry I missed the party. I had already made plans when Deb told me about it. The last one was fun. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

LY