April 23, 2008

Happy Administrative Professionals Day!


Today is Administrative Professionals Day. Kind of a strange thing to celebrate but none the less the ones who do recognize this day are great! There have been only a few jobs that I have had or shall I say bosses that I have had that recognize this day and today was one of them. I over heard someone at the gym on Tuesday morning that it was Administrative Professionals Day on Wednesday but I never thought anything of it because I don't really consider myself as an Administrative Assistant/Professional I guess and my job title doesn't say that I am either. My actual job title is the Drop Ship Coordinator. This is kind of hard to explain unless you are in the catalog sales business and as most of you know I work for Sundance Catalog. I work closely with our vendors that carry our large pieces of furniture and personal engraved items that we can't bring to our warehouse. There are alot of things that goes into this but basically this is what I do. I work in the Inventory Control dept. with Inventory Planners for all divisions (home, apparel, shoes/accessories, & jewelry) Each planner has a Merchandise support person that helps them out. I am not actually Merchandise Support however I do help our home planner out since most of my items are furniture. So long story kind of still long (sorry), the Planners as well as the Director of Merchandising and Inventory included me on recognizing this day. How sweet is that?! They gave me a really nice card and a $50 gift card to Applebee's. I have to say that this has been the best company to work for. We get all sorts of perks here as an employee like summer hours (1/2 day Fridays). Very cool! Oh and one of the coolest things ever is we get paid to shop! We have sample sales three or four times a year and I love it! These are just to name a few. The list goes on and on of all the great things! I would have to say this is the next best place to work besides working from home like Jess and I have my best bud Jen to thank for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve the credit today. I know you do an amazing job here and I'm happy those working with you recognize all your efforts as well. Enjoy your day and gift card.